CMPI- Broadway Bound Overnight Camp 2019
Ages Middle School & Up (Overnight)
Performing Arts Camp
July 21st-July 27th
Cedar Ridge Camp
4010 Old Routt Rd
Louisville, KY 40299
To sharpen tools and add a few new ones in the areas of :
Drama, Voice, Musical Theater, Dance, and to have fun zip lining, swimming, canoeing,archery, fire sing a longs, talent shows, dances & more!!!
$399 ($100 non-refundable deposit)
Includes 3 meals a day
Snack Bar Open Nightly!
Cedar Ridge Camp Administrator – Bill Stacy
Classic Melodies Performance Institute 502-955-7494
Phone Number to use during camp
(preferred for faster response)
Camp Cedar Ridge is located at 4010 Old rout Rd. Louisville, KY 40299. (Please MapQuest or GPS from your location. Please call if you need further assistance with finding the location)
Note from Director to Campers:
Welcome to our 2019 Overnight Summer Camp with our theme (Guys & Dolls). I am so happy that you will get to experience Louisville's only overnight performing arts camp this summer in a great setting, with air conditioned buildings, swimming pool, outdoor stage, lake, recreational activities daily, games, events, state of the art instructors and loads of fun, fun, fun, and the food isn’t bad either…. This is going to be a great time for you to focus on YOU without any time limits. We will sing, dance, act, and play instruments with top teachers throughout the U.S. We will provide each discipline with a professional from that field. In addition: There will be guest teachers who are world renowned brought in to offer workshops in each area of study. We will study intensively in our profession and then enjoy the traditional camp amenities such as: zip lining, rope courses, archery, swimming, boating, hiking, camp fire sing a longs, talent shows, participate in dances, and the list goes on and on. If you want to speak with some of our campers from last year please let me know and I will put you into contact with someone. They will tell you that this experience is second to none in changing you as a performer and enhancing you as a person. All focus will be on YOU……being YOU….Gear up for a week of fun, learning, growth and lots of self-discovery and laughter. I am honored to be the one leading you through this fabulous experience…….See you on July 21st!!!!!
Camp Director, Melodie Stacy
When to Arrive:
Sunday, July 21st, 2019 at 2 p.m. Sharp
You will be greeted by our staff and check in. You will then have the opportunity to say goodbye to your parents before heading to your room to get settled in and acquainted with your roommates. We must have everyone dropped off and ready to get set for the week by 3 p.m. Let the Ice Breaker fun and games begin!!!
Saturday July 27th, 2019 12:00 p.m. (Noon)
"Guys and Dolls" Jr.
Parents, Friends, Families, (4 guests per student maximum) may attend Showcase. Students will be packed and ready to leave immediately following the showcase. Campers look forward to this work in process demonstration all week!! You will be surprised at what they have learned in a week!
Checklist: What to Bring?
1. Only one large suitcase (There isn’t space for more than that in the cabins)
2. Sheets (Twin Bunk Beds) ( long/dorm size)
5. Blanket, comforter, or sleeping bag
6. Towels for Shower (2 recommended)
7. Room Decor ( Guys and Dolls: Rockin' The Boat) Be creative!! Contest is fierce!
8. Washcloth or loufah
9. Shower Gel
11. Deodorant (Mandatory)
12. Flip flops for shower
13. Tennis Shoes
14. Shorts or Capri’s (at least 5 or 6 pair)
15. Short sleeved shirts, tanks, etc..
19. Makeup (if needed)
22. Sunglasses or visor
23. Bobby pins (for girls)
24. Ponytail holders
25. Bathroom or toiletries pouch, ziplocs or container that fits into your
suitcase and can hold your shower items.
26. Trash bag for dirty clothes that can also fit back into your suitcase.
27. Black Jazz pants.
28. Socks (at least 6 pair)
29. Underwear (at least 6 pair)
30. Lightweight jacket in case we have a cool night.
31. Snack Money (if you will want sodas, candy, chips, nachos, pizza, etc…during nightly snack time.) at the student center. Prices are very low. ($1 and up. PLEASE bring $1's & $5's instead of $20 Bills) Outside snacks cannot be brought onto the premises. This is a Camp Policy to keep away the bugs and bees.
32. Cell Phone (Yes!! You will be given designated down time to use.)
33. Computers, electronics, etc..(The same applies. We will not be responsible for the loss of these items.)
34. Journal (All students will be asked to keep a camp journal)
35. Pen or Pencil
36. Paper (notebook for class notes)
NOTE: We will be having updates and photos uploaded to our Facebook page Classic Melodies nightly.
Optional: Please See :)
*One stuffed animal or special item for your bed. (Helps you win the best and cleanest cabin award which is given nightly and gives you more free time.)
*Bring your Guys & Dolls themed decor for room
*Themed Dance Party (Guys & Dolls) - Dress up optional. Las Vegas/Casino Theme.
*Cd, musical instrument, dance costumes, etc… KY State Fair Preliminary Talent Show!! Winners will be eligible to compete in the next round at the KY State Fair!! (open mic night) (no fire or knives allowed)
*16 Bar Musical Theater Uptempo Piece – which you may use for the "Guys & Dolls" audition.
*bug spray, allergy medicines, headache medicines (all medicines will have to be checked in at the first aid station.)
*Girls – personal hygiene items, shavers, magazines, books, board games.
**Camp Daily Schedules will be given to each camper on the first day of camp. Schedules will be based
on areas of interest, age, level of training, etc…**
(Girls should bring leotards, tights, dance shorts, etc…..whatever you want to dance in, plus a black leotard and black jazz pants, tights or leggings.) (Bring all your dance shoes even if you aren't an experienced dancer)
(Boys should bring black jazz pants, or black sweats or loose fitting pants, plus black t-shirt or tank and dance shoes if you have them.)
All students should bring some clothing that they can study movement in, such as loose fitting or comfortable clothing.
CMPI/Camp Cedar Ridge Rules and Regulations:
1. Zero Tolerance Policy: Any student who is suspected with drugs, alcohol, weapons, foul language,improper behavior, breaking code of conduct regarding any rule written or verbally acknowledges will be sent home immediately without any refund. The proper authorities will also be called in criminal matters. (We have never sent anyone home in our previous camps.)
2. Boys/Girls have specific room assignments. No boy or girl is permitted to go into the room of the opposite gender. ZERO TOLERANCE.
3. All students will be given a lights out. Any student who breaks this rule or leaves their cabin after the lights out will be sent home immediately without any refund.
4. No gum.
5. No candy, chips, snacks, etc…allowed anywhere except in Hopkins Hall.
6. No swimming except during stated swim times, which will always have a staff member and lifeguard on duty. Swim Party ( Havannah Theme)
7. No roaming away from the group unless given free time which will still have designated areas. Any breach of this will result in being sent home without any refund.
8. No fighting: verbal or physical
9. No use of cell phones except during stated times
10. All students must participate in every class they have been assigned unless they come to me to ask for permission to be reassigned. We will discuss the reasons and possible options at that time.
11. All students will be open to new ideas and have teachable spirits. Respect for counselors, staff, instructors, and peers will be expected.
12. No drinks but water will be permitted anywhere other than the student center
13. Water will be provided at every class and activity
14. No guest including parents will be permitted during the week. (This rule is for safety/insurance purposes)
15. No adults except appointed counselors will be permitted in the students cabins.
16. No students will be alone in the cabin with or without the counselor at any time.
GET READY; GET SET…….FOR A GREAT TIME OF LEARNING AND FUN!!!!!!!!
The health enrollment card must be notarized and given to us either before or as soon as you arrive at
camp. Please email me if you have questions
For More Info:
Classic Melodies 1191 Hillview Blvd #6
Louisville, KY 40229